What is Giving Photography?
Giving Photography is an online gallery that connects people who want to purchase contemporary photography with photographers who align their imagery with a cause.
Why did we start Giving Photography?
We understand that people want to make a difference in the world and they want to lead positive and impactful lives. By photographers aligning themselves with a cause and Giving Photography connecting them to like-minded buyers, we believe that photography can become the catalyst to start meaningful conversations around urgent issues in our world and raise money to help support them.
What makes Giving Photography different than other online galleries?
We curate images from photographer collections that may not otherwise be available for sale and offer photographers a chance to sell their imagery to an audience with not only a shared appreciation for photography but a shared concern for solving problems in the world.
Through our online gallery, eventual artist dinners, blog and disaster relief efforts, photographers and buyers empowered to make a difference can start purposeful and meaningful conversations in our communities that promote awareness for a shared, common cause. We are stronger together and we will use photography to make a difference.
Why are two payments required?
The total cost of the print includes a donation that the buyer makes to the cause directly at the time of purchase. The buyer receives the tax benefits and the immediate satisfaction of knowing that through their purchase they made a difference. Once the donation is made, the buyer then purchases the print from Giving Photography for the remainder of the amount.
What are the steps involved in purchasing?
There are a few steps involved in purchasing a photo:
1) Choose the image and related cause you would like to support.
2) Make the donation to the cause directly on the charity's website per the photographer’s request
3) Provide a receipt of your donation to the charity to the photographer (a screen grab is acceptable) by emailing email@example.com
4) Pay the remainder of the sale price to the photographer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Receive print
Does Giving Photography print editions?
Yes, each image is part of an edition, although at this time not a limited edition. See the individual notes on each image for details. They are however printed individually at the time of the order.
What if I want an image that is not on the site?
If you have a specific vision in mind, let us know! We can curate images from our photographers that are not currently on the site.
Who handles the printing? And how long does it take?
The photography studio will handle the printing at the printer of their choice. It could take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for the printing and delivery.
Does Giving Photography frame and mount the images?
Not at this time but we hope to offer that in the future.
What is the payment process?
We accept checks, credit cards and Venmo. Please do contact email@example.com for more details.
Remember, there are five parts to each sale:
1) Choose the image and related cause you would like support.
2) Make the donation to the cause per the photographer’s request
3) Provide a receipt of the donation to the photographer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Pay the remainder of the sale price by emailing email@example.com
5) Receive print